1. Definition of Hose Couplings, Hose end is depended on the usage of rubber hose such as in the gas, fuel, food, chemicals,pharmaceuticals ,furnace and offshore etc, it is in relation with the desired application and temperature range, hose end normally is with barb with different crimping system to bite rubber hose, fitting end connection has flange to flange, female to male.
2. Different standard of Hose coupling
● CEN/TS 16650:2014 standard for usage: this series for petrol, oil and lubricants-high pressure couplings. It is applicable to coupling which have been designed primarily for aircraft refueling purposes and other general purposes. Coupling size has 2”, 2 1/2”, 3” and 4”, normal size with ribbed tails. 1 is tail end, 2 is union nut, 3 is screwed liner, 4 is tail end with female.
● EN 14423/ DIN 2826 standard: it is clamp type hose coupling assemblies for use with steam hoses rated for pressures up to 18 bar, used with nominal sizes DN 15 to DN 50 steam and hot water hoses. a is connector end, b is tail end, 1 is tail end fitting, 2 is clamp, 3 is hexagon socket head cap screw, 4 is hexagon nut, 5 is connector.
Types of clamping hose steam coupling:
|Loose flange with weld-neck collar||Weld-neck Flange|
|Union nut with gasket||Tapered male thread|
Steam Coupling Types:
Hose tail end fitting size of Steam Couplings (EN 14423)
Clamp design as per DIN2826
● BS EN 14424-2013 Standard is for hose fitting with screwed ferrules which it is for rubber and thermoplastics hose for use with flammable and no-flammable liquids or gases, e.g. fuel dispensing hose, liquid natural gas(LPG) hose, tank truck hoses, chemicals hoses etc, the nominal size covered are DN 13 to DN 40.
Ferrule fittings type G with Internal thread and outside thread, a is ferrule, b is female/male connecting part, c is union nut, d is thread gasket.
As the pictures showed:
Assembly of hose coupling is by screwed ferrule biting the hose by matching fitting.
|Ferrule d2 is female thread|
Types of Hose fittings
3. Material of Hose Coupling is Brass HPb59-1, Stainless Steel AISI 316, Carbon Steel 1020.