1. Definition: ORFS fittings is according to standard of ISO 8434-3/SAE J1453 version 2005 dimension, it is an O-ring face seal type by Nut, sleeve, O-ring and fittings body. Union type require tube end connections is the same ORFS fittings tube to tube.
2. Methods of O-ring face seal fittings connection, male thread ORFS connector will mate with two kind of female(Nut+Sleeve+Tube and Female Swivel Adapters or Hose assembly) show as chart:
3. Advantages of ORFS tube fittings as follows:
● Elastomeric seal method perform excellent reliability, to remain leak free under high pressure hydraulic, typical applications in Mobile Equipment, Injection Molding, Heavy Machinery, Agricultural, Ship Building.
● Easy to assembly, from tube preparation good, installation space requirement excellent, field repair by using braze adapter. Tube compatibility from steel, stainless steel, copper and aluminium, available sizes Tube O.D from 6 to 50mm and 1/4˝ to 2˝.
● Most popular fittings for inch tube (metric tube on request), current use in USA, Europe and gradually gain acceptance in Asia.
4. Dimension&Tech data of ORFS End Sizes(SAE J1453/ISO 8434-3):
Working pressure from 25 to 63 MPa and Test torque requirement for O-ring face seal connectors as below:
1. Straight Fittings O-ring face seal Union 1F
2. Elbow Fittings O-ring face seal Union 1F4
3. Elbow Fittings O-ring face seal Union 1F9
4. Tee Fittings O-ring face seal Union AF
5. Cross Connector O-ring face seal Union XF
6. Bulkhead Connector O-ring face seal Union Straight 6F
7. Bulkhead Connector O-ring face seal Elbow 45 deg Union 6F4
8. Bulkhead Connector O-ring face seal Elbow Union 6F9
9. Bulkhead Connector ORFS Branch Tee Union AF6FF
10. Bulkhead Connector ORFS Run Tee Union AFF6F