1. Definition of Split Flange Kit, split flange is as per SAE J518 defined the four blot split flange half, also be equal to BS ISO 6162-1/2:2012 version; one kit is including 4 blots, 4 washers, o-ring and pair of 2-bolt split flange halves (clamps). they are used in conjunction with either flanged hose ends or with flanged adapters.
2. Two series of working pressure as below:
● SAE J618 code 61 and ISO 6162-1 define the Flange connectors, ports and mounting surfaces for use at pressures of 3,5 MPa (35 bar) to 35 MPa (350 bar), DN 13 to DN 127.
● SAE J618 code 62 and ISO 6162-2 define the Flange connectors, ports and mounting surfaces for use at a pressure of 42 MPa (420 bar), DN 13 to DN 76.
3. Method of SAE Split Flange assembly, it is the 4-blots port connection by assembling the flanged heads, split flange clamps (FCS and FCSM) or one-piece flange clamps (FC and FCM), ports and mounting surfaces applicable to four screw, split and one-piece flange clamp type tube connectors and hose fittings.
1) shape optional 2) O-ring seal 3) one-piece flange clamp 4) flanged head 5) blot screw (d3) 6) hardened washer 7) face of port on adapter, pump, etc
4. Metric blot screw for one-piece flange assembly technology information:
Inch blot screw for split flange assembly technology information
● Metric Coarse pitch thread in accordance with ISO 261 and ISO 724. Inch Coarse pitch thread in accordance with ISO 263 and ISO 725 (UNC-2A for screw threads, UNC-2B for port threads).
● Screw lengths are calculated for steel; use of other materials can require different screw lengths.
● These torque values are only a guide when using lubricated screws, calculated with a coefficient of friction of 0,17. Net tightening torque depends on many factors, including lubrication, coating and surface finish.
5. Harden washer s for assembling flange connections that conform to ISO 6162
The use of hardened washers is recommended; however, flange connections conforming to previous editions of ISO 6162-2 might not accommodate the use of this type of washer. Washers, if used, shall conform to ISO 7089 (HV 300) type A and be sized for the corresponding screw. Plain washers conforming to ANSI/ASME B18.22.1, type B narrow series HV 300, may be substituted when using type 2 screws
6. O-ring designation codes and dimensions that conform to ISO 3601-1
Designation codes and dimensions of O-rings used in ISO 6162-2 (for reference only)
7. Wrench sizes for assembling flange connections that conform to ISO 6162