1. Definition of SAE Flange Socket Welding, SAE Flange end is according to SAE J518 Standard including(Split flange, one-piece flange and SAE 4 blot flange port), Socket Welding end is defined in the ASME B16.11.There are Code 61 for 3000 to 5000 psi max, depending on size; High Pressure Code 62 for 6000 psi max.,regardless of size.
2. Methods of SAE flange Socket Welding, it is normal flange connections by Flange with O-ring groove to counter flange O-ring seal, as socket welding end, a pipe is inserted into a recessed area of the fitting. Both the pipe and the fitting are square cut, with no need for beveled end or preparation other than cleaning the outside, which allows easy welding and installation as follow:
3. Welding Gap and Minimum Flat Dimensions for Socket-Welding as per ASME B16.11-2016
1. SAE 4 Bolt Flange Socket Welding 1FLW-W/ 1FSW-W
2. SAE 4 Bolt Counter Flange Socket Welding 1FLW-WM/ 1FSW-WM